Noumea Yacht Charter
Noumea Yacht Charter offers Bareboat or skippered sail or motor catamarans and monohulls for cruising anywhere in New Caledonia. They also have sport fishing boats and inflatables available for rental in the Noumea region.
Aboard beautifully appointed yachts you can anchor off deserted island beaches, explore hidden bays and if you're more actively inclined, fish, sailboard, or snorkel and dive on wonderful coral, alive with rainbow-coloured reef fish.
Ashore, in traditional island villages where time stands still, local Melanesians will welcome you with warm smiles and age-old hospitality. With good food and good wine this is what leisure was surely meant to be!
10 reasons to charter a yacht in New Caledonia
* New Caledonia is the closest south Pacific island to Australia and New Zealand.
* Excellent navigational aids and the best cruising guide in the Pacific
* The world's largest coral reef lagoon with over 150 excellent anchorages and smooth cruising in protected lagoon waters.
* No licences or log books required for charters of yachts or sport fishing boats.
* Stunning marine life protected in over 34 managed reserves.
* Springtime all year round and trade wind conditions for most of the year.
* A diverse and interesting culture of people or if you prefer total wilderness cruises.
* Excellent fishing, wind and kite surfing, diving, snorkelling, kyaking, and sailing.
* Wilderness walks ashore including waterfalls you can reach by dinghy from the anchorages.
* French Gourmet restaurants, casinos, night life, and excellent French wines and supplies readily available.
If you are booking a bareboat charter without a skipper there will be a detailed chart briefing on your cruising area and also a thorough briefing on your yacht, its operation and the equipment aboard. This will be held at the base prior to you taking charge of the yacht. For the novice sailor we recommend an instructional skipper. Please note that if during the briefing the base decides that you must have a skipper, you will need to pay the additional amount applicable directly to the base. When adding crew to a bareboat, remember that your crew will require berths and provisioning for the duration of your charter. Since there are a limited number of cabins aboard each of the yachts, please be certain that the number of people in your party PLUS the number of crew you intend to hire do not exceed the maximum for the boat you would like to charter.
A staff member will debrief you and check the vessel.
* Local Taxes
* Dinghy with engine
* Hot water
* Electric windlass
* Gas cooker/Gas oven
* Salt water kitchen
* Cockpit table
* Auto pilot
* GPS plotter
* Depth sounder
* Cockpit shower
* Wet weather jackets (need to pre-arrange for correct sizing)
* Housekeeping supplies
* Snorkelling and fishing equipment
* Detailed chart briefing
* Fishing rod
* Provisioning - you can do all of your provisioning at the local supermarket. They can be expensive, but offer quality foods. For alcohol there are plenty of duty free shopping options in downtown Noumea. Shop around as there is good competition, and you will probably pay less downtown than you would at the airport.
* Possible extra cleaning fee payable direct from EUR67.00 (standard cleaning fee is included in the charter price but should additional cleaning be required in case rubbish was left onboard or dishes are not clean etc this will be charged as an extra).
Your yacht will have a full tank of fuel upon commencement of your charter. You must return the yacht with a full tank upon conclusion of your charter.
Some Suggested New Caledonia and Vanuatu Cruises and Activities
You have unlimited cruising options in New Caledonia and can have a wonderful charter for a weekend or a month and never run out of exciting places to go.
Explore the world's largest coral reef lagoon surrounding the main island of New Caledonia, sail to the Isle of Pines or over to the Loyalty Islands where you will enjoy Ouvea, Lifou and Mare. Go wild and sail to the enchanted wilderness isles of Huon and Suprise in the Entrecasteaux group. Or just enjoy a leisurely cruise around the protected lagoon and islands within a hour of Noumea's many cultural delights.The Cruising Guide to New Caledonia lists 152 anchorages, from Isle of Pines in the south eastern end of New Caledonia to Huon Island in the NW and you can reach any of them in a couple of days sailing.
You can also charter a yacht in Noumea and in just two days of blue water sailing, explore the volcanic islands of Vanuatu. There are no bare-boat yacht charters available in Vanuatu so if you want to explore these islands Noumea Yacht Charter is for you.
New Caledonia Lagoon Island Cruises
You don't have to go very far from the Noumea Yacht Charter wharf to find your first nice anchorage. In a half an hour's sail from Noumea you can be happily sitting at anchor behind one of the most beautiful tropical islets imaginable, mesmerized by the glistening white sand beach, the turquoise lagoon waters with multicolored tropical fish and lush coral gardens.
Bring your own snorkel gear or use the complementary snorkel equipment provided by Noumea Yacht Charter.