Oceanic Discoverer carries the latest in safety and navigational equipment and is the only Australian passenger ship registered with full SOLAS compliance allowing opportunities to explore a multitude of international voyages.
All meals during the cruise are included. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are usually served the Dining Room located on the Main Deck and are buffet-style. Coffee and tea is available 24 hours. Standard hours are breakfast from 7:00-8:30am, lunch at 12:30pm and dinner at 7:30pm however meal times may vary according to the day’s activities. Meal times will be advised in the onboard daily bulletins.
Excursion Boats And Zodiacs
The “Xplorer” is a specially designed aluminium excursion vessel used for the majority of our excursions. This vessel has high horsepower engines and will accommodate all passengers at one time. The “Xplorer” will be used for landings and for extensive exploration of rivers and tributaries. For your added convenience and comfort, the “Xplorer” is equipped with an awning and toilet.
We also carry two inflatable landing craft (Zodiacs). Designed for expedition work, these large and heavy-duty inflatable tables are extremely safe. Separate air compartments retain a large reserve of buoyancy even if the boats damaged. The flat bottom design permits these crafts to land directly onto the beaches. Expect nonetheless to wade through shallow water to reach the shore.
- Clothing: For our tropical, islands and Kimberley programs, we suggest casual clothing such as shorts and T-shirts during the day as well as a swimming costume, hat and sunglasses.
- Don?t forget your sunscreen, joggers and reef shoes. Itineraries including Tasmania and New Zealand may be in cooler weather, so we suggest a jacket and long slacks.
- For the evenings on board, smart casual attire is suggested.
- The shop on board carries a large range of souvenir items and personal needs.
- Electricity: All cabins are fitted with international power outlets for shavers, hair dryers and other electrical appliances.
- Special Diets and Special Occasions: On booking, advise your agent should you have special dietary needs, or wish to celebrate any special occasion during your cruise.
- Insurance: It is recommended that all passengers purchase appropriate travel insurance upon making their reservation and prior to their departure.
- Valuables: Valuables may be lodged with the Purser for safe keeping.
- Tipping: Other cruise lines automatically add gratuities to your account and service charges onto your bar invoices. On Oceanic Discoverer, our crew has no other agenda than your delight, and tipping is completely optional.